Help preschoolers learn to count to 10 as they sing a song for someone special in this I Love You preschool Valentine’s Day song. Try the free download or get the full song pack to extend the fun and learning.
Kids learn so much through songs! Not only do songs make learning fun, they also make it easier for kids to retain new information. I was thrilled to see so many of you downloading the first two songs in our preschool song series. So far we’ve released the 10 Little Snowflakes song and the This is the Way Winter song. As we move into February let’s use this I Love You Preschool Valentine’s Day Song to help kids count to 10, practice to recognizing rhyming words, and learn a fun song to sing to the special people in their lives.
GET THE FULL 10 LITI LOVE YOU SONG ACTIVITY PACK
I Love You Valentine’s Day Circle Time Song
Each song in the song series is set to a common tune. This makes it super easy for kids to learn and sing along.
The song text is provided in two formats, one with clipart and one without. You may choose to:
- Print the song for teacher use only
- Print the song in a poster format
- Copy the song onto chart paper
- Print individual song sheets to compile into a class song book
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Invite kids to act out the song. They might:
- Show the numbers on their fingers as they sing
- Act out their own version of the actions in the song
Extension Activities for the I Love You Song
Counting songs provide many opportunities to practice one-to-one correspondence, number recognition, and rote counting.
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this set:
- Use the heart pieces from the full song pack with valentine-inspired manipulatives or play dough and have kids make sets to match the numbers.
- Use the heart pieces from the full song pack for kids to sequence the number pieces to count from 1 to 10 (or backward for those who are ready)
- Use the ten-frame and heart cards from the full song pack to practice counting sets to 10.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE I LOVE YOU PRESCHOOL VALENTINE’S DAY SONG TIME SONG
This 3-page free printable includes:
- 2 versions of the song text with and without related clipart
- Song sequencing cards in color
Kids love learning sharing this song with the special people in their lives, and they’ll learn to count to 10, too! Click the pink button below to get your freebie.
Don’t see the pink button? Click here to get your free song printable.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
This 73-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (in color and black and white)
- Full-Page Class Book Options-The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud as kids sing along during circle time, and it can be added to the library center for kids to read over and over again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options-The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick prep easy collating. Use them for small group reading, or send them home so kids can share the class songs with family.
GET THE FULL SONG PACK
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.