Preschoolers have so much fun learning to count to 10 with this fun preschool snowflakes circle time song. Try the free resource or get the full song pack for even more fun and learning.
Children remember so much more when they learn through songs and playful learning activities. In our preschool circle time song series I’ll be introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song you may choose to get the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning.
GET THE FULL 10 LITTLE SNOWFLAKES SONG ACTIVITY PACK
10 Little Snowflakes Circle Time Song
The 10 Little Snowflakes song text is provided in two formats, one with clipart and one without. You may choose to:
- Print the song for teacher use only
- Print the song in a poster format
- Copy the song onto chart paper
- Print individual song sheets to compile into a class song book
Encourage movement and participation by inviting kids to act out the song. They might:
- Show the numbers on their fingers as they sing (sing slowly so they can keep up!)
- Wiggle their fingers like snowflakes falling
- “Float” around the room as you get to the last line of the song
The free printable also includes snowflake song pieces with the numbers 1 through 10.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
The song pieces can also be used as a follow up small group activity. Have kids order the snowflakes from 1 to 10 as they sing the song individually.
Extension Activities for the Snowflake Song
Counting songs provide many opportunities to practice one-to-one correspondence, number recognition, and rote counting.
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song…
- Make snowflake mobiles with 10 little snowflakes. Either use the snowflake song pieces or create snowflakes with your favorite art technique to add to your mobiles.
- Use the snowflake pieces with snow-inspired manipulatives or play dough and have kids make sets to match the numbers.
- Use the snowflake pieces for kids to sequence the number pieces to count from 1 to 10 (or backward for those who are ready)
- Use the ten-frame and snowflake cards from the full song pack) to practice counting sets to 10.
- Use the snowflake cards from the full song pack to sort and create patterns.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE SNOWFLAKE CIRCLE TIME SONG
This 4-page free printable includes:
- 2 versions of the song text with and without snowflake clipart
- Colored snowflakes with numbers 1-10
Kids will have so much fun learning to count to 10 with this fun circle time song. Complete the form below to get your freebie.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
This 48-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (in color and black and white)
- Full-Page Class Book Options-The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud as kids sing along during circle time, and it can be added to the library center for kids to read over and over again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options-The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick prep easy collating. Use them for small group reading, or send them home so kids can share the class songs with family.