Since our first attempts at painting with dough cutters Tinker has been using them occasionally in her own art creations. Because of this interest, I thought it would be fun to use them for a new Christmas tree craft. This one is super for toddlers and preschoolers, but early elementary age kids will also enjoy exploring the different patterns they can create.
GET A FULL WEEK OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL CHRISTMAS LESSON PLANS.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tinker started by rolling the dough cutter to make the needles on the Christmas tree.
Once that was dry she used fingerprints to add red and white ornaments to the tree.
And she insisted that the tree have something sparkly on it, so we finished it off with a shiny gold star.
And that’s it! A quick, kid-made Christmas tree craft for the holidays!
You might also like these easy Christmas tree crafts…
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES
Explore the symbols and traditions of Christmas and incorporate reading, math, science and more in this 169-page preschool secular Christmas lesson plan set full of fun and playful Christmas learning activities for preschool. Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 169-page Christmas Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Beginning Letters Gift Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
2) Reindeer Math Mats (2 versions in color and b/w)
3) My Christmas Senses Activity Book Making Pieces
4) 0-35 Christmas Number Cards (2 versions in color and b/w)
5) Christmas Counting Syllables Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
6) Christmas Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
7) Ornament Play Dough Mats
8) Candy Cane Play Dough Writing Task Cards (shapes, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number 0-20)
9) Christmas Light Patterns Activity Pieces (in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.