Can you feel the chilly air as the snow hits the ground? Well, if you live in a warm climate like Florida, probably not! But that doesn’t stop us from doing some fun winter activities to help us get into the winter mood anyway. Our kids love any excuse there is to color, and when we can combine learning and coloring, it’s a win all around. With Color by Code activities, kids can practice math skills and color at the same time! This free printable winter color by code math set is excellent to have on hand as a planned activity, something in your sub tub, or a free choice option for kids during centers.
GET A FULL WEEK OF WINTER THEME LESSON PLANS
As part of our color by code series, I’m sharing holiday-inspired color by code activities to use throughout the year. Color by Code activities are a great no-prep way to help kids get extra skill practice in a festive way. This free printable Winter Color by Code set can be used as part of math centers or as an option for fast finishers.
We’ll be sharing a series of free printable color by code printables this year so you’ll have a set for nearly every season and holiday during the year. Read on for a quick overview of the different options included in the Winter Color by Code freebie.
This Winter Color by Code activity is an easy way to add some winter fun to your math centers, a follow-up activity after doing a hands-on lesson or game related to the specific focus skill, or just an easy way to celebrate summer in the classroom.
In the free printable, we’ve included a variety of different options so that you can decide what to do based on your individual student needs.
This no-prep Winter Color by Code set can be used in different ways such as:
- Math center options for kids who enjoy coloring
- A follow-up activity after doing a hands-on lesson or game related to the specific focus skill
- Take-home math practice
- Options for fast finishers
Inside you’ll find sheets that focus on:
- Number recognition for 1-6
- Number recognition for 5-10
- Addition for sums of 1-5
- Addition for sums of 5-10
- Basic shape recognition
Complete the form below to get your free printable!
PRINTABLE WINTER RELATED LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. We have a variety of lesson plan sets that work well as winter themes. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
Winter Activities and Lesson Plans
This set currently includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) 10 Little Trees Winter Song and Number Cards (in color and b/w)
2) Get Dressed for Winter Activity Mats and Clothing (in color and b/w)
3) Hot Cocoa Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
4) Winter Color Matching Puzzles
5) What Can We Do in Winter? Emergent Reader (4 versions)
6) Child and Snow Angel Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Matching (in color and b/w)
7) Winter Number Cards 0-35 (3 versions in color and b/w)
8) Winter Roll and Graph (in color and b/w)
9) Winter Tree Dice Game (in color and b/w)
10) Winter Picture-Word Cards
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.