As we dive into Thanksgiving activities and explore concept of gratitude and kindness, I like to help kids stretch their thinking a bit. With this free printable Thanksgiving 5 Senses Easy Reader we really took some time to think about what we are thankful for using each of the five senses. It was a fun way to get kids to think a little more deeply and to integrate some science into our Thanksgiving activities.
GET A FULL WEEK OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
See the Thanksgiving 5 Senses Easy Reader in Action
Take a peek at all of the pages in the printable in this quick video.
As with all of our easy readers these are formatted to be super easy to prep. Simply stack the pages. Cut down the middle. Staple, and you’re ready to go!
Before having kids write on the individual pages, I like to brainstorm together. Have a group discussion. As kids share ideas for each of the five senses record (or have kids record/draw) ideas on a class anchor chart.
Depending on how much time you have for the activity you might break this down so that each day you brainstorm for one of the senses and then have kids do one page. Then continue on each day with a new sense and page until the book is complete.
On each page kids will draw and write about something that they are thankful for related to each of the five senses.
It’s really sweet to see all of the ideas they come up with, and the books will make a memorable keepsake for them to take home!
GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE
GET A FULL SET OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 159-page Thanksgiving Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Pumpkin Pie Letter Matching (in color and b/w)
2) Rhyming Turkey Game
3) Turkey Color Sorting Mats (in color and b/w)
4) Turkey Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
5) Look at the Turkey Emergent Reader (3 variations)
6) How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Sequencing Cards (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Turkey Number Cards (4 variations)
8) Phoneme Segmentation Turkey Activity
9) Thanksgiving Taste Test Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
10) Thanksgiving Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Thanksgiving Roll and Graph (2 variations, in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
I love your ideas plans etc..
Could your videos include subtitles for those that can not hear…
Thank you for the suggestion.