Learn about pond animals and how they move with this fun Pond Animals Preschool Circle Time Song and the supporting activities. Try the free resource or get the full spring song pack for even more fun and learning.
Kids remember more and connect with content better when they learn through music and movement. During pond theme activities or spring help kids learn about some common pond animals and the way the move or make sounds with this simple song.
This free printable song is part of our preschool circle time song series. Throughout the series I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song you may choose to grab the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
GET THE FULL POND ANIMALS SONG ACTIVITY PACK
POND ANIMALS PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
The song text is provided in three formats. There is:
- a single page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song,
- a the full text version with color clip art picture prompts, and
- a the full text version with no clip art.
The full pond song pack includes additional options with real animal photographs.
You can use the song and picture prompts as they are listed on the song charts, or you can have kids brainstorm their own animals to include in the song and make up your own verses.
The free printable also includes 6 color picture prompt cards to go with each verse in the full song.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Brainstorm additional verses to add to the song.
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters during circle time…
- Discuss which animals swim, hop, or fly
- Compare and contrast the animals in other ways
- Discuss who would like to try the activity
- Discuss which animals kids have seen in real life
- Discuss which animals kids think would make the best pet and why
- Place the picture prompts on a ring in the writing center for kids to use as prompts for drawing and writing inspiration
- Create a class mural of different pond life
- Choose one pond animal to research and learn more about as a class.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE SPRING PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
This 11-page free printable includes:
- 3 versions of the song, a single page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song, a full text version with color clip art picture prompts, and a full text version with no clip art
- 6 color picture prompt cards to go with each verse in the full song
Kids will have so much fun acting out movements as they learn some of the ways different pond animals move. Complete the form below to get your freebie.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
NOTE: The full pack version also includes song pieces and book options with photographs of real animals as well as the clipart versions.
This 86-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (in color and black and white, PLUS a real photograph version)
- Full-Page Class Book Options: The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud for kids to sing along during circle time. It can also be added to the library center for kids to read again and again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options: The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick-prep, easy collating. Choose from three different emergent reader options to find the one that matches your preference.
GET THE FULL SONG PACK
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.