This time of year many of us are reflecting on what we are looking forward to and what we might want to change in the upcoming year. New Year’s resolutions are everywhere, and everyone is sharing how they are going to make this year their best ever. While I don’t typically make big resolutions, I do enjoy this time of year for revisiting the priorities I’ve set in my life and making sure my actions align with those priorities.
When I learned about the opportunity to work with Heinz ® Tomato Ketchup for this sponsored post about their new “How Do You Happy?” Contest, I thought it provided a great opportunity for all of us to look at the things in our lives that make us the most happy. At the core, I’d say to make it the best year ever, you’d have to do more of what makes you happy. Right?!
So take a minute to close your eyes and really think about the things in your life that make you the most happy. It’s almost like a little movie of all your favorite moments.
Five Things That Make Me Most Happy
When I close my eyes five things immediately come to mind, and it’s these five things I hope to do more of in the upcoming year.
- Laugh more! The first vision I always see when I close my eyes is my girls laughing. Whether we’re playing silly games, chasing each other through the house, or trying something new together, my heart fills with happiness when we are all laughing together.
Most often this laughter comes in those little unplanned moments. When we used the new limited edition “How Do You Happy?” ketchup bottles to make happy faces for our French fries. The girls giggled so much about their funny creations that we were all laughing and having fun during a normal, everyday dinner.
- Sit more! The next place I always see when I close my eyes is my back porch. If I am not with my kids playing, my favorite place to be is sitting outside in a cozy chair enjoying the fresh air. Add in good friends and family to chat with or a good book to read, and I am one very happy lady.
- Run more! Now to be honest, I was shocked that this came to mind when I thought about what makes me most happy. I’m not really a runner. I’ve always run as part of sports and activities from childhood and out of general necessity in adulthood, but until this past year I’d never say it made me happy. However, in the past year, I’ve found a lot of joy and freedom in just turning on some great music and running. If you’re not a runner, you’ll have to just trust me on this one. 😉
- Snuggle more! No matter what I am doing in the morning when my girls wake up I try to put it down so that I can sit and hold them for a few moments to say good morning. And again at night when the girls go to bed I take a minute to snuggle with them in bed before saying good night. I cherish those cuddles, and I hope to get in as many snuggles as we can this coming year.
- Eat more! And the final thing that makes me most happy is food. That’s pretty much been a constant my whole life. I do hope to find some more tasty healthy recipes to try this year, but either way eating yummy food will definitely be one of the ways I do happy this year.
Now take some time to tell us how you do happy!
Enter the “How Do You Happy?” Contest
You could be 1 of 100 Happy Winners of prizes up to $5700. It’s super easy to enter! Just tell Heinz when you are happiest or share a maximum 6 second video of it. Tag it with #HeinzHappyContest or submit it at HowDoYouHappy.com. Entries are accepted via Twitter, Instagram, Vine and HowDoYouHappy.com.
I can’t wait to see all the happy ideas you have to share!
No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & DC, who, as of the date of entry, are 18 or older. Void where prohibited. The Heinz® Ketchup How Do You Happy Contest starts at 12:01 am ET on 12/29/14 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on 2/23/15. Sponsored by H. J. Heinz Company, L.P. For Official Rules, visit www.HowDoYouHappy.com.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules, visit www.HowDoYouHappy.com.