As the weather gets colder outside, kids may need more ways to get extra energy out during playtime indoors. This week for Discover & Explore we invite you to share your ideas for indoor games and play ideas.
At our house the toddlers are just learning to play hide and seek. If you’ve never watched kids learn to play this classic game, I have to tell you how cute it is. It takes a bit of practice to learn to go hide without yelling out, “I’m right here!” or running out to say “surprise” when the person who is it gets close. No matter these first games around here always end with a lot of laughter.
Earlier this month we shared our hide and squeak version of this game. After making our egg carton jingle bells I knew the kids would love using them to play another version of hide and seek.
Jingle and Seek Indoor Game for Kids
To play each child who was hiding got to hold a jingle bell and dash off to hide while the person who is it was counting.
Isn’t my little counting helper adorable? His counting always makes me smile.
After saying “Ready or not, here I come!” the kids hiding can choose whether or not to shake their bells while the person is looking for them. They always choose to shake their bells.
We’ve been playing over and over again, but the smiles…
…and silliness don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.
What are your favorite indoor games to play with kids?
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES
The 169-page Christmas Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Beginning Letters Gift Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
2) Reindeer Math Mats (2 versions in color and b/w)
3) My Christmas Senses Activity Book Making Pieces
4) 0-35 Christmas Number Cards (2 versions in color and b/w)
5) Christmas Counting Syllables Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
6) Christmas Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
7) Ornament Play Dough Mats
8) Candy Cane Play Dough Writing Task Cards (shapes, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number 0-20)
9) Christmas Light Patterns Activity Pieces (in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.