Get a full week of fish theme lesson plans for
Home Preschool or your Preschool Classroom.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Play dough made from the recipe in The Homemade Play Dough Recipe Book and Wilton Icing Colors
- Rollers from the Melissa & Dough Shape, Model, and Mold set
- Colored googly eyes
- Button “scales”
- Assorted confetti “scales”
- Fish cutter from the 101-piece Cookie Cutter Set
- Heart cutters (ours are similar to these, but we found them at Target)
The girls enjoyed using the different cutters to make fish. They also made their own versions of different sea creatures.
The rollers let them add different textured designs to the fish.
And they got very creative with the patterns and designs they made with the other loose parts.
The Amazon widget below includes some of the books we’ve been reading.
Visit our ocean theme Pinterest Board for more fish activities and ideas for learning about ocean animals.
Get a Full Week of Fish Theme Learning and Play
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) 1-15 Fish and Fish Bowl Counting Mats
2) Uppercase Letter Fish Cards
3) Lowercase Letter Bubble Cards
4) 0-31 Fish Number Cards
5) Fish Patterning and Sorting Cards
6) Fish Roll and Graph Math Game
7) Word Segmenting Fish
8) Shape Fish
9) Fish Word Building Mats
10) Fish Size Ordering and Sorting Cards