For the past couple of weeks our play dough option has been this simple but fun fireworks invitation. The girls love creating a “night sky” full of sparkly fireworks.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Play dough made from the recipe in The Homemade Play Dough Recipe Book and Wilton Icing Gel
- Metallic star beads
- Red, white and blue glitter pom poms similar to these but in assorted sizes.
- Tinsel stems and chenille stems
- Mini “fireworks” made using our fireworks ring tutorial.
- Star cutters in assorted sizes
The girls like to make a lot of “exploding star fireworks” similar to these ones. They also roll all of the black dough out and make a large “night sky” full of fireworks.
Visit our 4th of July Pinterest Board for more patriotic crafts and activities.