For the past couple of weeks our play dough option has been this simple but fun fireworks invitation. The girls love creating a “night sky” full of sparkly fireworks.
FIND EVEN MORE 4th of July THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE AMERICA LESSON PLANS.
- Play dough made from the recipe in The Homemade Play Dough Recipe Book and Wilton Icing Gel
- Metallic star beads
- Red, white and blue glitter pom poms similar to these but in assorted sizes.
- Tinsel stems and chenille stems
- Mini “fireworks” made using our fireworks ring tutorial.
- Star cutters in assorted sizes
The girls like to make a lot of “exploding star fireworks” similar to these ones. They also roll all of the black dough out and make a large “night sky” full of fireworks.
Visit our 4th of July Pinterest Board for more patriotic crafts and activities.
MORE 4th of July FUN WITH PRINTABLE SUMMER THEME LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.