Today we’re featuring posts from the Discover & Explore Beach theme. Whether you’re at the beach or creating your own beach play at home, there are great opportunities for sensory play. These posts are a fun way to get started.
Find all of our beach activities in our printable lesson plans
for home preschool and preschool classrooms.
Beach Dough Sensory Play & Creatures (Blog Me Mom)
Beachcombing at the Water Table (My Nearest & Dearest)
Beach Themed Sensory Box (Buggy and Buddy)
Sand Tracks: Train Beach Activity & Sensory Play (Play Trains!)
Beach Luau Sensory Play (Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails)
Tropical Island Water Table (Craftulate)
Get a Full Week of Beach Theme Learning and Play
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) Beach 5 Senses Recording Sheet
2) Initial Sound Clip Cards
3) Seashell and Bucket Rhyming Game (-en, -at, -et, and -ug word families)
4) Seashore Counting Mats for Numbers 1-15
5) At the Beach Emergent Reader (2 Versions)
6) 1-35 Beach Theme Calendar and Number Cards
7) Beach Pattern and Counting Seashell Cards
8) Sand Castle Shape Matching Game
9) Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Matching Flip Flop Cards
Get Your Lesson Plans
Find more inspiration in our ocean theme.