Help kids learn names with this fun 5 Little Apples preschool circle time song. Try the free resource or get the full apple song pack for even more name recognition and counting practice.
Apple theme activities are a great fall or late summer activity to do with your kids. With this fun apple song, your kids will introduce subtraction and name recognition. It’s perfect for preschool circle time or as a fun outdoor movement activity!
Throughout the preschool circle time song series, I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are perfect for your little ones. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so your kids will be able to join in and sing along too.
For each song, you may choose to get the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces
Name recognition songs can provide many opportunities to practice one-to-one correspondence, name recognition, and more!
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Use this song to focus on the aspects of using different student names in the song, and putting them on name cards to hold up for name recognition.
- Introduce subtraction to your children as an apple is taken away each time.
- Encourage the use of hands on manipulatives to demonstrate the concept by using the provided apple pieces in the full song practice to practice name recognition.
Get the free printable 5 Little Apples Preschool Circle Time Song
This free printable excerpt includes:
- A printable version of the song with clipart and without clipart
- Printable apple number cards to go with each verse of the song
Complete the form below to get your freebie.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
This 195-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces
- Full-Page Class Book Options
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options
This set is also editable so that you can personalize the emergent readers for each student and focus on name recognition.
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.