Yesterday I shared how we explored painting with dough cutters. After we experimented with them a bit we used them to make the feathers on this easy Thanksgiving turkey craft for kids.
GET A FULL WEEK OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
We started by using our dough cutters to paint “feathers” on our turkeys.
Each of the kids tried a different approach, some working in a pattern and others working in a more abstract way.
Once the “feathers” were dry we added the turkey body. You can use any shape you like for the body. I took advantage of the opportunity to trace those cute little feet one more year before they start getting too big for me to do so.
Then we added some facial features, and ta da! Festive turkeys to decorate for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
Find all of our Thanksgiving activities in one spot on this page.
GET A FULL SET OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES
The 159-page Thanksgiving Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Pumpkin Pie Letter Matching (in color and b/w)
2) Rhyming Turkey Game
3) Turkey Color Sorting Mats (in color and b/w)
4) Turkey Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
5) Look at the Turkey Emergent Reader (3 variations)
6) How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Sequencing Cards (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Turkey Number Cards (4 variations)
8) Phoneme Segmentation Turkey Activity
9) Thanksgiving Taste Test Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
10) Thanksgiving Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Thanksgiving Roll and Graph (2 variations, in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.