Use this spring preschool circle time song to help preschoolers learn spring theme vocabulary. Try the free resource or get the full spring song pack for even more fun and learning.
Splash in puddles. Fly a kite. Water the garden. These are just a few of the spring-inspired activities kids will act out as they sing this fun spring preschool circle time song. As they sing and act out the movements in this song we can help kids learn spring vocabulary related to different spring activities.
The next song in our preschool circle time song series is all about favorite spring activities. Throughout the series I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song you may choose to grab the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
GET THE FULL SPRING SONG ACTIVITY PACK
THIS IS THE WAY SPRING PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
The song text is provided in two formats. There is a single page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song, and there is a the full text version with color clip art picture prompts.
You can use the song and picture prompts as they are listed on the song charts, or you can have kids brainstorm their own spring actions to include in the song and make up your own verses.
The free printable also includes 9 color picture prompt cards to go with each verse in the full song.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Brainstorm additional verses to add to the song.
- Create a tally chart or class survey for one of the picture prompts. Have kids mark or write their name under yes or no if they have done the activity before.
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters during circle time…
- Discuss the sequence of events for relevant cards
- Discuss who has done the activity before
- Discuss who would like to try the activity
- Place the picture prompts on a ring in the writing center for kids to use as prompts for drawing and writing inspiration
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE SPRING PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
This 9-page free printable includes:
- 2 versions of the song, a single page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song and a the full text version with color clip art picture prompts
- 9 color picture prompt cards to go with each verse in the full song
Kids will have so much fun acting out movements to go with these popular spring activities. Click the pink button below to get your freebie.
Don’t see the pink button? Click here to get your free song printable.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
This 84-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (in color and black and white)
- Full-Page Class Book Options: The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud for kids to sing along during circle time. It can also be added to the library center for kids to read again and again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options: The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick-prep, easy collating. Choose from three different emergent reader options to find the one that matches your preference.
GET THE FULL SONG PACK
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.