Looking for some fun and interesting experiments for your Halloween theme? There are tons of ideas for Halloween fun out there, and if you think it would be hard to choose which posts to feature, you’re absolutely right! We’ve looked around and found our favorite Halloween science activities to share with you. These Halloween science activities all look really fun, and we always love trying new science projects around here!
GET A FULL WEEK OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
Halloween Science for Kids
Teach your kids about carbon dioxide using this fun Spooky Expanding Ghost science experiment.
Create ghostly Bouncing Smoke Bubbles that your kids can bounce and create for a fun hands-on science activity.
Ghostly bubbles make for a fun Halloween Bubble Science Experiment.
Your kids will love learning about air pressure and convection with these Flying Tea Bag Ghosts.
Combine your child’s love of Halloween and science to make these Ghost Rockets.
Your kids will be mesmerized by these Exploding Peep Geysers.
This Bubble Science Experiment With Pumpkins is the perfect science project for toddlers.
This Pumpkin Volcano science experiment is so easy to set up and so much fun.
If you need a festive fall slime recipe, you’ve got to try this Easy Fluffy Pumpkin Slime.
Use ingredients you already have in the kitchen to conduct these Candy Corn Science Experiments.
Study how a pumpkin rots using this Pumpkin Jack Fall Rotting Pumpkin Science Experiment.
Learn about the parts of the brain with this cool Messy Play Brain Surgery activity.
Create a spooky fun science experiment with these Fizzing Eyeballs.
Create this Cute and Creepy Mummy Garland for your homeschool classroom.
This Free Printable Halloween Charades Game for Kids is a great way to celebrate Halloween in the classroom.
These Pumpkin and Monster Jars are a simple and easy craft for kids to make.
Make your own Not So Spooky Spiders with this easy craft. (not pictured)
GET A FULL SET OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 132-page Halloween Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) -at Word Family Bat Game (in color and b/w)
2) Candy Corn Science Experiment Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
3) Candy Corn Uppercase, Lowercase, and Beginning Sound Picture Puzzles for Letters C, A, N, D, Y, H, O and R (in color and b/w)
4) Candy Corn Counting Cards 1-10 (in color and b/w)
5) Halloween Costume Syllable Sorting Activity (in color and b/w)
6) Haunted House Colors Board Game-3 variations to work on color recognition or color word recognition (in color and b/w)
7) “Look at the Costumes” Emergent Reader-3 variations
8) 0-35 Halloween Number Cards (in color and b/w)
9) Halloween Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
10) Halloween Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Build a Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Mats and Shape Pieces
12) My Jack-o-Lantern Recording Sheets-2 variations, one to focus on shape recognition and one to focus on writing
13) Spider Number Mats and Ways to Show Numbers 0-10
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.