After using our loose parts Christmas play for about a week, I wanted to do something else with the cardboard tubes we used. This easy wreath is a fun recycled Christmas craft kids can make using cardboard tubes and some basic craft supplies.
GET A FULL WEEK OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL CHRISTMAS LESSON PLANS.
To set up the activity I punched 2 holes on opposite sides of each cardboard tube that had already been cut and painted green.
Lovey used sparkly red yarn to lace the cardboard tubes together. You don’t need very many pieces. If you want the wreath to stay in a circular shape, I would recommend 10 tubes or less.
Once the pieces are laced together pull the string tight and tie a knot to form a circle with the tubes.
Add a little more decoration with some tinsel pom poms, buttons, or other festive materials.
Hang your wreaths in the classroom or at home to add little holiday color.
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES
The 169-page Christmas Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Beginning Letters Gift Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
2) Reindeer Math Mats (2 versions in color and b/w)
3) My Christmas Senses Activity Book Making Pieces
4) 0-35 Christmas Number Cards (2 versions in color and b/w)
5) Christmas Counting Syllables Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
6) Christmas Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
7) Ornament Play Dough Mats
8) Candy Cane Play Dough Writing Task Cards (shapes, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number 0-20)
9) Christmas Light Patterns Activity Pieces (in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.