Are you looking for a fun way to celebrate Earth Day in your classroom? Using songs you can engage your little learners and help them learn all about Earth Day! Whether you’re looking to teach your kids about saving the earth, promote conservation, or help them with Earth Day vocabulary, this song will do all of it!
This song in our preschool circle time song series is all about ways we can take care of the Earth. Throughout the series, I’m introducing engaging printable movement songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song, you may choose to grab the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
FIND EVEN MORE EARTH DAY THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE EARTH DAY LESSON PLANS.
Earth Day Song Sample Verses
(Tune: Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush)
This is the way we pick up the trash,
pick up the trash, pick up the trash.
This is the way we pick up the trash
and care for Earth!
This is the way we turn off the lights,
turn off the lights, turn off the lights.
This is the way we turn off the lights.
and care for Earth!
There are six verses included in the printable song.
The song text is provided in two formats. There is a single-page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song, and there is a full-text version with color clip art picture prompts.
You can use the song and picture prompts as they are listed on the song charts, or you can have kids brainstorm their own spring actions to include in the song and make up their own verses.
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Brainstorm additional verses to add to the song.
- Create a tally chart or class survey for one of the picture prompts. Have kids mark or write their name under yes or no if they have done the activity before.
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters during circle time…
- Discuss the sequence of events for relevant cards
- Discuss who has done the activity before
- Discuss who would like to try the activity
- Place the picture prompts on a ring in the writing center for kids to use as prompts for drawing and writing inspiration
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE EARTH DAY PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
This 7-page free printable includes:
- Two versions of the song printable
- Color picture prompt cards to go with each verse in the full song
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Kids will have so much fun acting out movements to go with these popular Earth Day activities. Complete the form below to get your freebie.
THE COMPLETE SONG PACK ALSO INCLUDES EMERGENT READER AND CLASS BOOK OPTIONS!
Incorporate even more literacy skills by using the full Earth Day Song pack to create a class song book and individual song books for kids to sing and read again and again.
MORE EARTH DAY FUN WITH PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable Earth Day lesson plan set. This set includes over 30 learning activities related to Earth Day, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers, so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This Lesson Plan set also includes:
- Building Letters with Recycled Materials 2) Earth Day Number Cards (0-35)
- Number Puzzles (1-10)
- “I Can Take Care of the Earth” Emergent Reader
- Earth Shapes (7 versions)
- Earth Day Word Picture Cards (5 versions, in color and b/w)
- Plant a Tree Word Families Activity
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.