The theme for Discover & Explore this week is Preparing for Back to School. Even as an adult I still love the beginning of a new school year, and this year is no different. Our first day of school was last week, and so far we are having a blast! Here’s a picture of a very eager Lovey on the first day of school. She was up and dressed before me!
Earlier this week I shared our home preschool schedule for this year. Following a schedule is a must for this Type A mommy, and my little ones who, so far, are very much like me. Click on the image below to see the schedule we’re trying out this year.
Today I’m announcing some big changes to Discover & Explore for the coming year. Big! And awesome!! Read through to see what’s happening, and then don’t forget to link up your Back to School posts. Share anything that helps you or your little ones get ready for a new school year.
Jacquie from KC Edventures and I have really enjoyed starting this linky. We’re so excited each week to see what you share for each theme, and we love featuring your great ideas. This fall we are very excited to announce three new co-hosts. That means three new bloggers to share their take on the theme each week, and I know they will all have very unique ideas to share. Please stop by and check out the following blogs if you aren’t following them already.
Chelsey from Buggy and Buddy
Deborah from Teach Preschool
Stephanie from Twodaloo
I realize that not everyone wants to know what the themes will be in December, but I’m sure there are at least a handful of you who are planners like me. For you ladies, I’m sharing the full list of themes we plan to cover through the end of 2013.
- August 21–ABC’s & 123’s
- August 28–Down on the Farm
- September 4–Forest
- September 11–Fall
- September 18–Five Senses
- September 25–Pumpkins
- October 2–Community Helpers
- October 9–Halloween
- October 16–Dinosaur & Fossil Fun
- October 23–Creating with Natural Materials
- October 30–Science Experiments for Kids
- November 6–Thanksgiving
- November 13–Cooking with Kids
- November 20–Life Skills
- November 27–Gifts
- December 4–December Holidays
- December 11–Indoor Games & Play
- December 18–Winter
- December 25–No Linky
New Feature Day
We will be shortening the length of each linky to one week instead of two weeks. They will still open on Wednesday, but they will now close the following Tuesday.
All hosts will run feature posts on Fridays. Five hosts means five opportunities to be featured, so don’t forget to link up as often as you can.
Now it’s your turn. We’d love for you to share how you
Discover & Explore: Preparing for Back to School
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, book activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, free printables–anything that might be helpful to those wanting to put together activities based on this week’s theme
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
The linky will remain open for one week. On Fridays all co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post and share featured posts on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board.
Don’t forget to visit the other co-hosts to see what they are sharing for this week’s theme.
Upcoming Discover and Explore Themes
- August 21-ABC’s and 123’s
- August 28-Down on the Farm
- September 4-Forest