Yarn-wrapped crafts are simple enough for kids of all ages, and we love how they turn out. There’s no “right” way to make them. Simply wrap and wrap until you’re pleased with the result. That’s what we did with this adorable turkey Thanksgiving craft.
GET A FULL WEEK OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
- Hot glue gun
- Brown yarn
- Yellow paper cut into a triangle for the beak
- Buttons for the eyes
Start by using the hot glue gun to make a triangle shape with the twigs. Leave ends hanging out. Tie the yarn to one corner of the triangle. Then let kids get started wrapping the yarn to form the turkey body.
Once kids are done wrapping the yarn tie the end and tuck it into the back of the turkey. Then let kids push feathers into the yarn on the back of the turkey. They should stay snug in place.
Finish up by gluing on the beak and the eyes.
These cute little turkeys can be used as a craft to hang on the wall by adding a loop of yarn to the top. They could also be used as turkey puppets for pretend play or storytelling. Still another idea is to use them as Thanksgiving place cards. Whatever you use them for, we hope you have as much fun as we did making your turkeys together.
GET A FULL SET OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES
The 159-page Thanksgiving Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Pumpkin Pie Letter Matching (in color and b/w)
2) Rhyming Turkey Game
3) Turkey Color Sorting Mats (in color and b/w)
4) Turkey Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
5) Look at the Turkey Emergent Reader (3 variations)
6) How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Sequencing Cards (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Turkey Number Cards (4 variations)
8) Phoneme Segmentation Turkey Activity
9) Thanksgiving Taste Test Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
10) Thanksgiving Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Thanksgiving Roll and Graph (2 variations, in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.