Is it snowing where you live? While my girls would love to be playing in real snow, that just isn’t going to happen here in Florida so we have to get creative. Whether it’s really snowing where you live or you just want to pretend it is, these winter small worlds are a fun way to inspire kids to engage in winter pretend play.
GET A FULL WEEK OF WINTER THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRESCHOOL WINTER LESSON PLANS.
Winter Small World Play
From snowman building to cascading snow this winter wonderland from Buggy Buddy is full of unique details kids will love.
My penguin loving kids had so much fun with this easy prep penguin small world.
The tunnels and sensory elements in this arctic snow dough small world from Crayon Box Chronicles will have kids playing for hours.
Get kids involved in making their own small world with this winter wonderland imaginary play from Nurture Store.
Take pretend play on the go or just keep everything all in one place with this arctic suit case small world from The Imagination Tree.
Kids will have a blast with the slides and chilly blue water in this antarctic small world from Crayon Box Chronicles.
Help the forest animals celebrate Christmas with this snowy Christmas tree small world from Buggy and Buddy.
Kids can act out their favorite outdoor winter activities with this small world snow scene from Kids Craft Room.
Add some pretend snow to your train set and create a snowy train small world like this one from Play Trains!
More Winter Fun
Find more Winter fun in the Winter Play Series.
PRINTABLE WINTER THEME LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. We have a variety of lesson plan sets that work well as winter themes. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set currently includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) 10 Little Trees Winter Song and Number Cards (in color and b/w)
2) Get Dressed for Winter Activity Mats and Clothing (in color and b/w)
3) Hot Cocoa Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
4) Winter Color Matching Puzzles
5) What Can We Do in Winter? Emergent Reader (4 versions)
6) Child and Snow Angel Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Matching (in color and b/w)
7) Winter Number Cards 0-35 (3 versions in color and b/w)
8) Winter Roll and Graph (in color and b/w)
9) Winter Tree Dice Game (in color and b/w)
10) Winter Picture-Word Cards
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.