Learn about transportation and how different vehicles move with this fun Transportation Preschool Circle Time Song and the supporting activities. Try the free resource or get the full transportation song pack for even more fun and learning.
When kids are able to move around, they learn new concepts better. During transportation theme activities kids can learn about common transportation forms and the way they move or the sounds they make with a simple song.
This free printable song is part of our preschool circle time song series. Throughout the series, I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song, you may choose to grab the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
TRANSPORTATION PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
The song text is provided in three formats. There is:
- a single page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song,
- a full text version with color clip art picture prompts
- a full text version with no clip art.
The full transportation song pack includes additional options with real transportation photographs.
You can use the song and picture prompts as they are listed on the song charts, or you can have kids brainstorm their own transportation to include in the song and make up your own verses.
The free printable also includes 6 color picture prompt cards to go with each verse in the full song.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Brainstorm additional verses to add to the song
- Sing and play along with a fun transportation sensory bin
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters during circle time…
- Discuss different modes of transportation that can fly, are on the ground, etc.
- Compare and contrast transportation in other ways
- Discuss who would like to try the activity
- Discuss which transportation kids have seen in real life
- Discuss which transportation kids have been on
- Place the picture prompts on a ring in the writing center for kids to use as prompts for drawing and writing inspiration
- Create a class mural of different transportation
- Choose one mode of transportation to research and learn more about as a class.
Get the free printable Transportation Preschool Circle Time Song
This free printable excerpt includes:
- A printable version of the song with clipart and without clipart
- Picture prompt cards in color to go with each verse of the song
Complete the form below to get your freebie.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
This 71-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces
- Full-Page Class Book Options
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options
This full set also includes real photograph options if you prefer a more realistic version of the song and book versions.
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.