As part of our color by syllable series, I’m sharing holiday-inspired color by syllable activities to use throughout the year. These are fantastic no prep activities that will help your children learn to identify the sounds in words, and begin to segment syllables. This awesome phonological awareness activity set can be used as part of literacy centers or as an option for fast finishers.
FIND EVEN MORE THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE THANKSGIVING LESSON PLANS
We’ll be sharing a series of free printable color by syllable printables this year, so you’ll have a set for nearly every season and holiday during the year. Read on for a quick overview of the different options included in the Thanksgiving Color by Syllable freebie.
This Thanksgiving Color By Syllable activity is a fun and easy way to add some fun Thanksgiving theme activities to your literacy centers, take-home practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving while working on pre-reading skills.
This free printable Thanksgiving Color by Syllable set can be used in a variety of ways, such as:
- Literacy center options for children who enjoy coloring
- A follow-up activity for a hands-on lesson or game related to segmenting syllables
- Take home practice
- Options for fast finishers
In the free printable, we’ve included several options so you can decide what to do based on your individual student needs.
Inside you’ll find sheets that focus on the following:
- Matching the syllables to the corresponding color
- Practicing vocabulary and learning syllables
Get your FREE Thanksgiving Color by Syllable Activity
Thanksgiving Theme Preschool Classroom Lesson Plans
Explore the symbols of Thanksgiving and have some turkey-inspired fun with hands-on activities that incorporate reading, math, science, and more in this preschool Thanksgiving theme lesson plan set.
This lesson plan set includes:
- Recommended Book List
- 1-Page Weekly Lesson Plan Grid with Activity Ideas for Whole Group, Literacy, Math, and Science each day
- Alternate Weekly Grids for 4-day, 3-day, and 2-day programs
- 5 Daily Lesson Plan Sheets with Activity Directions and Materials List
- 2-Page Center Descriptions
- Related Printables
- Skills Checklist
Get Your Thanksgiving Theme Lesson Plans
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.