Need a quick activity for toddlers and preschoolers this Thanksgiving? This roll-a-turkey activity is a terrific Thanksgiving activity for the classroom or home. Place the items on a tot tray for free choice time, or put them in a busy bag and take them on the go.
GET A FULL WEEK OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
- Feathers (ours are from craftprojectideas.com)
- Brown and orange craft foam
- Googly eyes
- Fine point permanent marker
Preparing this activity takes less than five minutes. Cut a turkey body out of brown foam. If you’d rather not free hand, then trace your child’s foot for the body shape. Then cut two feet and one beak out of the orange foam.
We used ten feathers for our turkey and practiced counting as we played. If your child is working on teen numbers, then add 2o feathers to the set instead.
Draw the different body parts on the cube with the permanent marker. We drew a feather on two sides of the cube.
As kids are rolling and creating their turkeys they can also practice naming the different body parents and make patterns with the feathers. Partners can play this game together by taking turns rolling the cube.
Continue the fun and learning with these hands-on roll and color turkey math activities. Depending on your goals kids can practice color recognition, shape recognition, matching sets, matching numbers, addition and more.
GET A FULL SET OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 159-page Thanksgiving Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Pumpkin Pie Letter Matching (in color and b/w)
2) Rhyming Turkey Game
3) Turkey Color Sorting Mats (in color and b/w)
4) Turkey Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
5) Look at the Turkey Emergent Reader (3 variations)
6) How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Sequencing Cards (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Turkey Number Cards (4 variations)
8) Phoneme Segmentation Turkey Activity
9) Thanksgiving Taste Test Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
10) Thanksgiving Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Thanksgiving Roll and Graph (2 variations, in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Leave a Reply