Encourage movement and outdoor play with this fun free printable Play Outside Preschool Circle Time Song and extension activities. Try the free printable version or get the full play outside song pack for even more fun and learning.
Get kids up and moving with this easy preschool movement song. Use it as a circle time song, or sing it as a transition song when you line up for recess.
This new Play Outside song is part of the ongoing circle time song series.
Throughout the preschool circle time song series I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song you may choose to grab the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
GET THE FULL PLAY OUTSIDE SONG ACTIVITY PACK
PLAY OUTSIDE PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
In the free printable version of this song the song lyrics are provided in a printable chart with or without clip art. Use the lyrics as a guide for yourself, record them on chart paper, or project the song lyric page on a digital screen for kids to see.
The free printable also includes song prompt pieces.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Brainstorm additional verses to add to the song.
- Get up and move like the cards.
- For running head outdoors and practice running forward, backwards, sideways, and in a zig-zag.
- Measure how far each child can jump.
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters during circle time…
- Discuss different sports where we might run
- Discuss different things you can climb
- Discuss other creatures that can jump
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE PLAY OUTSIDE PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
This free printable includes:
- A single page version of the song with clipart and without clipart
- Song prompt cards to use with the song
Complete the form below to get your freebie.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
This 56-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (with real photographs or with clipart in color and black and white)
- Full-Page Class Book Options: The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud for kids to sing along during circle time. It can also be added to the library center for kids to read again and again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options: The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick-prep, easy collating. Choose from three different emergent reader options to find the one that matches your preference.
GET THE FULL SONG PACK
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.