These fun Christmas Fine Motor Mats are a great way for your little ones to strengthen their fine motor skills as they work to learn and identify patterns. Use these free printable fine motor mats as a stand-alone Christmas activity during the holiday season, or add them to a full Christmas theme.
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME PRESCHOOL IDEAS IN OUR PRINTABLE CHRISTMAS LESSON PLANS.
PATTERN PRESENTS FINE MOTOR MATS FREEBIE
These easy no prep pattern play dough mats are perfect for early learning skills and a fun holiday activity for your classroom.
You can laminate them or add them to dry erase pockets so you can continue to use them over and over.
Grab your favorite homemade or store bought play dough, and encourage your kids to roll out the play dough into long snakes to cover the lines on these present mats.
They can mimic the patterns on the presents or create their own! Whatever they choose, they are getting great fine motor practice.
If you don’t have play dough or don’t want to use play dough, you can also trace them using dry erase markers as well! Invite your kids to trace the lines using various colors of markers and trace the lines to reflect the presents’ patterns.
Additional activities to extend learning:
- Have your kids find items around your classroom that match the patterns on their presents.
- Have children attempt to make their own patterns from what they learned from this activity. You can use buttons, mini erasers, or other seasonal loose parts.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE PATTERN PRESENTS CHRITMAS FINE MOTOR MATS
This free printable includes play dough mats for nine different patterns, and a blank present template for your kids to create their own!
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME PRESCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Explore the symbols and traditions of Christmas and incorporate reading, math, science and more in this 169-page preschool secular Christmas lesson plan set full of fun and playful Christmas learning activities for preschool. Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 169-page Christmas Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Beginning Letters Gift Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
2) Reindeer Math Mats (2 versions in color and b/w)
3) My Christmas Senses Activity Book Making Pieces
4) 0-35 Christmas Number Cards (2 versions in color and b/w)
5) Christmas Counting Syllables Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
6) Christmas Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
7) Ornament Play Dough Mats
8) Candy Cane Play Dough Writing Task Cards (shapes, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number 0-20)
9) Christmas Light Patterns Activity Pieces (in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.