There’s no doubt we love play dough around here. When the girls asked what else we were going to do with our monster tray after all of the monster activities we’ve been doing lately, I said, “What about play dough?” And this little invitation was born…
FIND EVEN MORE MONSTER THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
FOR HOME PRESCHOOL AND PRESCHOOL CLASSROOMS.
We already had most of the materials in our tray, but you can gather a variety of collage materials. We used googly eyes, chenille stems, jewels, and colored straws cut into small pieces. We also included multiple colors of play dough. I thought the girls would end up mixing them to make new color swirl combinations, but they decided on a strict no mixing rule for the first few times they created with the tray.
I wasn’t sure whether the girls would create 2D or 3D monsters, so I was interested to see that both girls chose a different option. Lovey’s monsters were 3D with lots of embellishments. Tinker made a lot of 2D monsters and had fun telling all about their cute little monster family.
These are a few of their monster creations from our first day. I love how they’re all just a bit unique.
Don’t forget to read some fun monster books to go along with your creative time!
PRINTABLE MONSTER THEME LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
The full Monster Theme Lesson Plan Pack also includes:
1) Monster Calendar (or general number) Cards
2) Uppercase Monster Letter Cards
3) Lowercase Monster Letter Cards
4) Color Matching Monster Mats and Activity Pieces
5) Counting Monster Mats (1-10)
6) Roll and Count Monster Math Game Boards (6 versions)
7) Feed the Monster Templates
8) Monster Munchies Beginning Sound Cards
9) Number Cubes (6 versions) for Monster Math Activities
10) Roll-A-Monster Creative Art Activity Pieces and Game Cube
11) Monsters’ Healthy Choices Recording Sheet
12) Monster Hourse Beginning Sound Sort
13) Monster Number Cards(0-35)
14) Where Do Monsters Live Book Making Guide and Printable Pages
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.