There are so many fun monster theme activities to explore with little learners. After exploring ways to make monster faces on mirrors we decided to make some that last a bit longer. Using a few basic craft supplies kids can get creative and come up with their own silly or scary monster craft.
FIND EVEN MORE MONSTER THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
FOR HOME PRESCHOOL AND PRESCHOOL CLASSROOMS.
We used almost the same exact materials we did for the monster faces tray except I traded out the googly eyes for some sticker eyes. That really wasn’t necessary, but the girls have been eager to use the stickers and this seemed like a great opportunity. We also needed glue, coffee filters and colored paper.
Once the girls saw the materials out they got to work creating. I gave them regular school glue, but seeing the way it dried through the coffee filter I might include glue sticks next time for the first step of gluing the coffee filter to the paper.
Once the coffee filter “face” was attached the girls had fun adding different facial features…especially eyes…
…lots and lots of eyes! This is one of Lovey’s finished monsters.
We now have a whole not-so-spooky set of monsters on display.
PRINTABLE MONSTER THEME LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
The full Monster Theme Lesson Plan Pack also includes:
1) Monster Calendar (or general number) Cards
2) Uppercase Monster Letter Cards
3) Lowercase Monster Letter Cards
4) Color Matching Monster Mats and Activity Pieces
5) Counting Monster Mats (1-10)
6) Roll and Count Monster Math Game Boards (6 versions)
7) Feed the Monster Templates
8) Monster Munchies Beginning Sound Cards
9) Number Cubes (6 versions) for Monster Math Activities
10) Roll-A-Monster Creative Art Activity Pieces and Game Cube
11) Monsters’ Healthy Choices Recording Sheet
12) Monster Hourse Beginning Sound Sort
13) Monster Number Cards(0-35)
14) Where Do Monsters Live Book Making Guide and Printable Pages
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.