As part of our color by code series, I’m sharing holiday-inspired color by syllable activities to use throughout the year. Color by syllable activities are a great no-prep activity that can help children learn to hear the sounds in the word and segment syllables. This fantastic phonological awareness activity set can be used as part of literacy centers or as an option for fast finishers as part of your Halloween Theme Activities.
FIND ALL OF OUR HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS FOR PRESCHOOL CLASSROOMS
We’ll be sharing a series of free printable color by syllable printables this year, so you’ll have a set for nearly every season and holiday during the year. Read on for a quick overview of the different options included in the Halloween Color by Syllable freebie.
This Halloween Color by Syllable activity is an easy way to add some fun Halloween theme activities to your literacy centers, take-home practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Halloween while working on pre-reading skills.
This free printable Halloween Color by Syllable set can be used in a variety of ways, such as:
- Learning center options for children who enjoy coloring
- A follow-up activity for a hands-on lesson or game related to segmenting syllables
- Take home practice
- Options for fast finishers
In the free printable, we’ve included several different options so that you can decide what to do based on your individual student needs.
Inside you’ll find sheets that focus on the following:
- Matching the syllables to the corresponding color
- Practicing vocabulary and learning syllables
Get Your FREE Halloween Color by Syllable
This free printable Halloween Color by Syllable activity includes two color by syllable pages to encourage extra skill practice! Complete the form below to request your copy.
Get all 15 of our color by code sets!
Help children practice number recognition, addition, and 2D shapes with these color by code math activities for the whole year.
Use these color by code activities to help pre-k and kindergarten children learn numbers to 10, adding to 10 and 2D shapes.
These color by code activities are organized by occasion/season and each topic has two color by numbers, two color by sums and one color by shape.
GET A FULL SET OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 132-page Halloween Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
- -at Word Family Bat Game (in color and b/w)
- Candy Corn Science Experiment Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
- Candy Corn Uppercase, Lowercase, and Beginning Sound Picture Puzzles for Letters C, A, N, D, Y, H, O and R (in color and b/w)
- Candy Corn Counting Cards 1-10 (in color and b/w)
- Halloween Costume Syllable Sorting Activity (in color and b/w)
- Haunted House Colors Board Game-3 variations to work on color recognition or color word recognition (in color and b/w)
- “Look at the Costumes” Emergent Reader-3 variations
- 0-35 Halloween Number Cards (in color and b/w)
- Halloween Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
- Halloween Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
- Build a Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Mats and Shape Pieces
- My Jack-o-Lantern Recording Sheets-2 variations, one to focus on shape recognition and one to focus on writing
- Spider Number Mats and Ways to Show Numbers 0-10
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.