The first chapter in our kindergarten curriculum is all about understanding numbers zero to five. We’re reviewing how to read and write the numbers and create sets for those quantities. We’re also learning the corresponding number words, and from my days in the kindergarten classroom I know those number words can be tricky. To help Lovey, I made a set of apple number cards for learning and play activities, and I thought you would enjoy having the free printable set, too!
FIND ALL OF OUR APPLE ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
FOR HOME PRESCHOOL AND PRESCHOOL CLASSROOMS.
The full set includes number cards, set cards, and word cards for the numbers zero to five. Click Here to Get Your Free Printable.
How We’re Using Our Number Cards
We use them to sort by kind. As we do we’re discussing which cards show numbers, which show number words, and which show sets. The picture below shows three separate stacks that have been sorted.
Sometimes we use just one kind of card and work on ordering the sets. We can order them from least to greatest or greatest to least.
Other times we use all the cards to create a table that organizes the numbers in order and then matches the related cards.
We can also use the set cards and the number cards to model basic addition facts to five.
The same two sets can be used to model basic subtraction.
I hope you find this set of cards as versatile as we do! We’ve been carrying them everywhere lately for quick math practice.
Want more activities for your apple number cards?
We’ve updated this set of number cards and added tons of activities to go along with them!
This 69-page number sense set is designed to be very interactive, giving kids many opportunities to use manipulatives.
Inside there are:
- Tips and Ideas for Use
- 0-10 Apple Number Cards Sets in Color and Black and White
- 16 Activity Cards with Hands-on Number Sense Activity Directions
- 9 Small Group and Center Number Sense Activity Mats
- 14 Number Sense Recording Sheets
- 4 Differentiated Take Home Packs of Number Sense Activities
More Fun with Apples
GET A FULL WEEK OF APPLE THEME LEARNING AND PLAY
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
- Apple Number Cards (0-35)
- “Counting Apples” emergent reader
- “I See Apples” emergent reader
- Apple Letters (uppercase and lowercase in both red and green)
- Apple Life Cycle Cards (in color and b/w)
- Label the Apple Diagram (in color and b/w) with labeling cards
- Apple Pattern Cards
- Put the Apples on the Tree Game Mat
- Editable cover and pages for a class apple book
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
All of our products are also available on Teachers Pay Teachers if you prefer to shop there.