For Dental Health Month help preschoolers learn a good dental hygiene routine with this fun Dental Health Preschool Song Printable. Try the free download or get the full song pack for even more fun and learning.
Children remember so much more when they learn through songs and playful learning activities, and this song is an excellent way to help kids establish a healthy dental routine that will stick with them. In our preschool circle time song series I’ll be introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song you may choose to download the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning.
GET THE FULL DENTAL HEALTH SONG ACTIVITY PACK
Dental Health Circle Time Song Printable
The This is the Way We Take Care of Our Teeth song text is provided in two formats, one with clipart and one without. You may choose to:
- Print the song for teacher use only
- Print the song in a poster format
- Copy the song onto chart paper
- Print individual song sheets to compile into a class song book
Encourage movement and participation by inviting kids to act out the song.
The free printable download also song pieces to use as clues for sequencing and knowing what comes next.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Extension Activities for the Dental Health Preschool Song Printable
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song…
- Brainstorm additional verses to add to the song.
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters during circle time…
- Discuss the sequence of events for relevant cards (model and practice the steps)
- Discuss why we do each activity and how it helps with our overall dental health
- Discuss other ways we can take care of our teeth
- Chat about favorite toothpaste flavors (or the kind of toothpaste kids use at home). Make a tally chart to collect data.
- Print this free printable tooth brushing chart and encourage kids to track how many times they brush and floss.
- Set up a dental health play dough invitation.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE DENTAL HEALTH SONG
This 3-page free printable includes:
- 2 versions of the song text with and without clipart
- Song verse prompt cards
Click the pink button below to get your freebie.
Don’t see the pink button? Click here to get your free song printable.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
This 38-page set for preschoolers and kindergarteners includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (in color and black and white)
- Full-Page Class Book Options-The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud as kids sing along during circle time, and it can be added to the library center for kids to read over and over again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options-The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick prep easy collating. Use them for small group reading, or send them home so kids can share the class songs with family.
GET THE FULL SONG PACK
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.