There are tons of fun Christmas activities to do with preschoolers! Of course, singing is a must. In the past I’ve shared some of our favorite Christmas songs with movements, and I just had to include some additional Christmas songs in the song series. This If It’s Christmas Preschool Circle Time Song is a fun way to help little ones get up and moving and help them to remember some of the common traditions around Christmastime.
Decorating the tree, baking cookies. These are just some of the fun activities that we love to do as we near Christmastime. As your preschoolers and kindergartners sing and act out the movements in this song, your kids will also be reminiscing about some of the fun traditions of Christmas.
As you plan out your Christmas theme lessons, this song makes for the perfect addition!
Our newest song in the preschool circle time song series is all about the fun traditions of Christmas. Throughout the series, I’m creating 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song, you may choose to download the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
You will find the song text is provided in two formats. There is a single-page version with picture prompts and blank lines for the repeated text in the song, and there is a full-text version with color clip art picture prompts.
You can use the song and picture prompts as they are listed on the song charts, or you can have kids brainstorm their own Christmas actions to include in the song and make up your own unique verses.
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Have your kids think up additional verses to add to the song. This is a fun way to discuss different family traditions.
- Make a tally chart or take a class survey for one of the picture prompts from the song. Have kids write their name under activities that they have or haven’t done before.
- Use the picture prompts as conversation starters. Discuss who has done the activity before. Discuss who would like to try the activity.
- Place the picture prompts on a ring in the writing center for kids to use as prompts for drawing and writing inspiration
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE IF IT’S CHRISTMAS PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
This free printable excerpt includes:
- A printable version of the song with clip art
- Printable Christmas activity cards to go with each verse of the song
Click the pink button below to get your freebie.
Don’t see the pink button? Click here to get your free song printable.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
This 38-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces
- Extension Activities
- Full-Page Class Book Options
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.