This Christmas Color by Syllable activity is an easy way to add fun Christmas theme activities to your literacy centers, take-home practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Christmas while working on pre-reading skills. This is a great way to weave in extra phonological awareness practice even during the busy holiday season with fun activities like this free printable.
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME PRESCHOOL IDEAS IN OUR PRINTABLE CHRISTMAS LESSON PLANS.
As part of our color by code series, I’m sharing holiday-inspired color by syllable activities to use throughout the year. Color by syllable activities are a great no-prep activity to help break down words into their individual syllables so your children can learn to hear the sounds in the word and segment syllables. This fantastic phonological awareness activity set can be used as part of literacy centers or as an option for fast finishers as part of your Christmas Theme Activities.
This free printable Christmas Color by Syllable set can be used in a variety of ways, such as
- Learning center options for children who enjoy coloring
- A follow-up activity for a hands-on lesson or game related to segmenting syllables
- Take home practice
- Options for fast finishers
In the free printable, we’ve included several different options so that you can decide what to do based on your individual student needs.
Inside, you’ll find sheets that focus on the following:
- Matching the syllables to the corresponding color
- Practicing vocabulary and learning syllables
Get your FREE Christmas Color by Syllable Activity
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME PRESCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Explore the symbols and traditions of Christmas and incorporate reading, math, science and more in this 169-page preschool secular Christmas lesson plan set full of fun and playful Christmas learning activities for preschool. Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 169-page Christmas Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Beginning Letters Gift Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
2) Reindeer Math Mats (2 versions in color and b/w)
3) My Christmas Senses Activity Book Making Pieces
4) 0-35 Christmas Number Cards (2 versions in color and b/w)
5) Christmas Counting Syllables Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
6) Christmas Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
7) Ornament Play Dough Mats
8) Candy Cane Play Dough Writing Task Cards (shapes, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number 0-20)
9) Christmas Light Patterns Activity Pieces (in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.