Today’s advent activity was making green play dough. Easy, and fun! Loved it!
We started with a basic play dough recipe. To give it a little holiday touch, we added some mint extract and green glitter.
GET A FULL WEEK OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL CHRISTMAS LESSON PLANS.
We have been learning about the forest and trees this week, so I put out some Christmas tree cookie cutters and a few embellishments. They spent a good part of the morning making some very decorative trees.
There are many more terrific ideas in this Montessori-Inspired Christmas Play Dough Activities post from Living Montessori Now.
Do you make your own play dough? What is your favorite recipe?
GET A FULL SET OF CHRISTMAS THEME ACTIVITIES
The 169-page Christmas Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Beginning Letters Gift Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
2) Reindeer Math Mats (2 versions in color and b/w)
3) My Christmas Senses Activity Book Making Pieces
4) 0-35 Christmas Number Cards (2 versions in color and b/w)
5) Christmas Counting Syllables Sorting Game (in color and b/w)
6) Christmas Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
7) Ornament Play Dough Mats
8) Candy Cane Play Dough Writing Task Cards (shapes, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number 0-20)
9) Christmas Light Patterns Activity Pieces (in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.