These fun forest science activities are a wonderful way to help kids learn about the forest and parts of a tree. They are great tree theme science investigations for fall or any time of year. You can add these tree activities to your nature studies, fall activities, Earth Day activities, Arbor Day activities or tree theme units.
FIND EVEN MORE FOREST THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
Fun Forest Science Activities for Kids
Teach kids about the parts of a tree with this tree snack science activity.
Investigate autumn leaf chromatography with this experiment from Life with Moore Babies.
Explore the sense of touch with this nature sensory board from Fun at Home with Kids.
Learn about the parts of a tree and more with this tree track from Play Trains!
Find symmetry in nature and create your own symmetrical designs with natural materials using these ideas from Buggy and Buddy.
Learn about the weather with this pine cone predictor experiment from the In the Woods theme post by Sorting Sprinkles.
Your kids will love Growing their Own Mushrooms with this fun nature science experiment.
This Sorting Leaves & Seeds activity is the perfect fall science activity for kids.
This How Old is a Tree science experiment is a great way to get your kids learning while playing outside.
This Pine Branch Hardiness STEM Experiment is a great fall science experiment for your kids to do.
Your kids will love watching leaves change color in this Fall Leaf Science Experiment.
Your kids will love Exploring How Water Travels Through Leaves in this science experiment.
MORE FOREST FUN WITH PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set currently includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) Forest vs Ocean Animals Sorting Activity
2) Forest Animal Addition Activity
3) The Forest Emergent Reader (3 Versions)
4) Forest Roll and Graph Cube and Recording Sheet
5) “A Walk in the Forest” Math Game Board
6) Number Cubes for “A Walk in The Forest” and other Math Games (4 Versions)
7) Animal Tracks Matching Cards (in color and b/w)
8) Forest Animal Picture Cards (in color and b/w)
9) Forest Animal Pictures with Labels (in color and b/w)
10) Forest Animal Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Forest Animal Syllable Sorting Activity Mats
12) Forest Letter Puzzles (in color and b/w)
13) Teddy Bear Pattern Prompt Cards
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
More Forest Posts from the Discover and Explore Co-hosts
Tips for Hiking with Kids (KC Edventures)
Finding Symmetry in Nature (Buggy and Buddy)
Fall Tree Snack (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
Arranging a Forest (Teach Preschool)
Invitation to Play: Create a Forest (Twodaloo)