Welcome to Feature Friday! Today we’re sharing some of the excellent posts linked up to the Discover & Explore forest theme.
These fun science activities are a wonderful way to help kids learn about the forest. They are great investigations for fall or any time of year.
FIND EVEN MORE FOREST THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR
Investigate autumn leaf chromatography with this experiment from Life with Moore Babies.
Explore the sense of touch with this nature sensory board from Fun at Home with Kids.
Learn about the parts of a tree and more with this tree track from Play Trains!
Find symmetry in nature and create your own symmetrical designs with natural materials using these ideas from Buggy and Buddy.
Learn about the weather with this pine cone predictor experiment from the In the Woods theme post by Sorting Sprinkles.
These posts and other highlights have been pinned to the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board.
MORE FOREST FUN WITH PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set currently includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) Forest vs Ocean Animals Sorting Activity
2) Forest Animal Addition Activity
3) The Forest Emergent Reader (3 Versions)
4) Forest Roll and Graph Cube and Recording Sheet
5) “A Walk in the Forest” Math Game Board
6) Number Cubes for “A Walk in The Forest” and other Math Games (4 Versions)
7) Animal Tracks Matching Cards (in color and b/w)
8) Forest Animal Picture Cards (in color and b/w)
9) Forest Animal Pictures with Labels (in color and b/w)
10) Forest Animal Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Forest Animal Syllable Sorting Activity Mats
12) Forest Letter Puzzles (in color and b/w)
13) Teddy Bear Pattern Prompt Cards
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
More Forest Posts from the Discover and Explore Co-hosts
Tips for Hiking with Kids (KC Edventures)
Finding Symmetry in Nature (Buggy and Buddy)
Fall Tree Snack (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
Arranging a Forest (Teach Preschool)
Invitation to Play: Create a Forest (Twodaloo)
More Math and Science Activities with Fizz, Pop, Bang!
Fizz, Pop, Bang! Playful Science and Math Activities is designed to bring hands-on fun to math and science play. It’s full of engaging and powerful learning opportunities in math and science, shared through ideas that incorporate art, play, sensory learning and discovery, for a whole-brain approach.
It includes 40 educational projects and 20 printables including a set of build-your-own 3D shape blocks, engineering challenge cards and a range of math games.