Help kids learn to count to 10 with this fun 10 Little Fish preschool circle time song. Try the free download or get the full fish song pack for even more fun and learning.
Fish theme activities and all things ocean-themed are perfect for the summer months. With this fun fish song, kids will count and sing as they wiggle around like little fish too! It’s perfect for preschool circle time or a fun outdoor movement activity.
Throughout the preschool circle time song series, I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are perfect for your little ones. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so your kids will be able to join in and sing along too.
For each song, you may choose to download the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
10 LITTLE FISH PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
The song lyrics are provided in a printable chart with or without clip art. Use the lyrics as a guide for yourself, record them on chart paper, or project the song lyric page on a digital screen for kids to see.
The free printable download also includes 10 numbered fish song pieces.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Counting songs provide many opportunities to practice one-to-one correspondence, number recognition, and rote counting.
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Make fish mobiles with 10 little fish. Either use the fish song pieces or create fish with your favorite art technique to add to your mobiles.
- Use the fish pieces with summer-inspired manipulatives or play dough and have kids make sets to match the numbers.
- Use the fish pieces for kids to sequence the number pieces to count from 1 to 10 (or backward for those who are ready)
- Use the ten-frame and fish cards provided in the full song pack to practice counting sets to 10.
- Use the fish cards provided in the full song pack to sort and create patterns.
Get the free printable 10 Little Fish Preschool Circle Time Song
This free printable excerpt includes:
- A single-page version of the song with clipart and without clipart
- 10 color fish cut-outs to use with the song
Click the pink button below to get your freebie.
Don’t see the pink button? Click here to get your free song printable.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
This 64-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces
- Full-Page Class Book Options
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options
There are also real photograph options if you prefer a more realistic version of the song and book versions.
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.