Help kids learn to count to 10 with this fun 10 Little Butterflies preschool circle time song. Try the free download or get the full butterfly song pack for even more fun and learning.
As kids see butterflies fluttering through the air in spring they often become even more intrigued by these magical flying insects. With this fun butterfly song kids will count and sing as they flutter around like butterflies, too. It’s perfect for preschool circle time or outdoor movement.
Throughout the preschool circle time song series I’m introducing 24 engaging songs that are just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Each song is adapted from a popular tune so kids can easily join in and sing along.
For each song you may choose to download the free printable version that includes the song text and song pieces in color, or you may purchase the full song pack which includes additional supporting activities to extend the fun and learning as well as the black and white version of the song text and song pieces.
10 LITTLE BUTTERFLIES PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
The song lyrics are provided in a printable chart with or without clip art. Use the lyrics as a guide for yourself, record them on chart paper, or project the song lyric page on a digital screen for kids to see.
The free printable download also includes 10 numbered butterfly song pieces.
Use the song pieces:
- In a pocket chart
- For class helpers to hold up throughout the song
- On a magnetic board with magnets attached to the back
Counting songs provide many opportunities to practice one-to-one correspondence, number recognition, and rote counting.
Try these additional activities to extend the learning with this song:
- Make butterfly mobiles with 10 little butterflies. Either use the butterfly song pieces or create butterflies with your favorite art technique to add to your mobiles.
- Use the butterfly pieces with spring-inspired manipulatives or play dough and have kids make sets to match the numbers.
- Use the butterfly pieces for kids to sequence the number pieces to count from 1 to 10 (or backward for those who are ready)
- Use the ten-frame and butterfly cards provided in the full song pack to practice counting sets to 10.
- Use the butterfly cards provided in the full song pack to sort and create patterns.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE 10 LITTLE BUTTERFLIES PRESCHOOL CIRCLE TIME SONG
This free printable includes:
- A single page version of the song with clipart and without clipart
- 10 color butterflies to use with the song
Click the pink button below to get your freebie.
Don’t see the pink button? Click here to get your free song printable.
EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING WITH THE FULL SONG PACK
Build on the fun and learning introduced in the song lyrics by:
- Adding in a class book that can help reinforce early literacy skills as kids sing along
- Providing individual emergent readers so kids can sing the song over and over again and follow along with their own song book in the library center or at home
This 56-page set includes:
- Circle Time Song Charts and Pieces (in color and black and white)
- Full-Page Class Book Options: The full-page class book options can be printed and compiled to use as a read aloud for kids to sing along during circle time. It can also be added to the library center for kids to read again and again once they are familiar with the song.
- Half-Page Emergent Reader Options: The half-page emergent reader options are designed for quick-prep, easy collating. Choose from three different emergent reader options to find the one that matches your preference.
GET THE FULL SONG PACK
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.