Roll and color math games are an engaging way to help students practice a wide variety of math skills in a very fun, hands-on way. We’ve designed a series of math game sets for many of the major holidays and seasons, and we are adding more sets regularly.
What Kids Learn While Playing Roll and Color Math Games
Each set is designed to be used for differentiated instruction and will typically meet the needs of teachers with students from preschool through early first grade.
Different game mats in each set focus on the following skills:
- Color Matching
- Shape Matching
- Matching Sets to Numbers (0-5)
- Matching Sets to Numbers (5-10)
- Matching Numbers (0-5)
- Matching Numbers (6-10)
- One More (0-5)
- One More (5-10)
- One Less (5-10)
- Addition Facts (0-5)
- Doubles Facts (0-5)
- Doubles Facts (5-10)
- Writing Doubles Facts (0-10)
- Color Words
- Number Words (0-5)
- Number Words (5-10)
Tips for Using the Roll and Color Math Games
Decide whether you’ll be using your games over and over again or for one-time use.
- For single use play simply assemble the desired game cube and print the appropriate roll and color recording sheet. Kids roll and color with a marker or crayon as they tackle the math task for that game.
- For multi-use one option is to cover the game mat by laminating or using sheet protectors and doing the writing with dry erase markers.
- Or for another multi-use options use math manipulatives that relate to the theme of the game. Mini erasors, pom poms, table scatter, and other small items work well for this approach, and kids like the novelty of using the materials.
These games can easily fit into your routine. You might use them for:
- center activities in the classroom
- independent work for homeschool
- a free choice option for early finishers
- a small groupd guided math activity
- workbox activity options for home preschool
- an after school program or home math practice option
What Users Are Saying About our Roll and Color Math Sets
“I love these so much! I am hooked. Thank you.”
“My class loves these. Thank you.”
“Wonderful product. My students loved it!”
“This is so cute, my students are going to love this math center.”
See the Roll and Color Math Games in Action
For each roll and color math game we’ve created we’ve shared a glimpse of the set and some tips for how we use each. We’ve also included a free printable sample that focuses on one skills featured in the set. Below you’ll find links to each sample and a link to the complete set if you’d like to purchase it for your use.
If you love them all, grab the complete growing bundle. You can get it at the current price which includes all sets below, and you’ll get any new versions we add in the future. Score!
Fall Leaves Version
Turkey Feather Thanksgiving Version
Christmas Tree Version
St. Patrick’s Day Version
Easter Egg Version
Spring Flower Version
Summer Fish Version