Today we’re featuring posts from the Discover & Explore fall theme. I love all things fall, so selecting posts to share today was super tough for me!
Play dough is always readily available around here. When you combine it with the scents of fall, I can’t resist sitting down and playing either. These creative ideas for fall themed play caught my eye! Don’t they look like so much fun?
Corn Dough (Green Owl Art)
Apple Pie Sensory Play (Little Bins for Little Hands)
Fall Play Dough Pumpkin Patch Train (Play Trains!)
Amazing Pumpkin Spice Play Dough (Mama Papa Bubba)
Apple Orchard Invitation to Play (My Nearest and Dearest)
Apple Pie Invitation to Play (How Wee Learn)
Autumn Scented Play Dough (Munchkin and Bean)
Pumpkin Spice Salt Dough for Ornaments and Table Decor (Fun at Home with Kids)
No Cook Gluten Free Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Clay (Fun at Home with Kids)
Invitation to Play: Fall Forest (Twodaloo)
Fall Play Dough with Tree Block Stamps (Twodaloo)
Fall Play Dough Invitation to Play (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
These posts and other highlights have been pinned to the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board.
More Fall Posts from the Discover and Explore Co-hosts
Invitation to Explore: Nature in the Fall (KC Edventures)
Fall Nature Table (Buggy and Buddy)
Fall Sensory Bin & Learning Activities (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
An Acorn Round-Up (Teach Preschool)
Invitation to Create: Fall Sticky Trees (Twodaloo)
Upcoming Discover and Explore Themes
- September 25–Pumpkins
- October 2-Community Helpers
- October 9-Halloween
- October 16-Dinosaurs & Fossil Fun
The Homemade Play Dough Recipe Book
Want more great play dough ideas and inspiration? I can’t say enough about The Homemade Play Dough Recipe Book written by Cathy James of NurtureStore. It has quickly become a handy reference guide for me regarding all things play dough. The book contains:
- all the recipes you need for the activities in the book including non-cook and cooked play dough, gluten-free dough, salt dough, modelling dough, and real bread.
- ideas for 52 weeks of loose parts play, in a printable poster format
- a whole year of play dough activities, arranged seasonally. There’s an idea for every week of the year including sensory and imaginary play, storytelling, art ideas, small worlds, math activities, reading and writing ideas.
If you enjoyed this post, please take a moment to join the fun…
This post has been shared at some of these fantastic link parties.