While learning about fish I set up this fish play dough invitation so the kids could create their own underwater scenes and stories.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Play dough made from the recipe in The Homemade Play Dough Recipe Book and Wilton Icing Colors
- Rollers from the Melissa & Dough Shape, Model, and Mold set
- Colored googly eyes
- Button “scales”
- Assorted confetti “scales”
- Fish cutter from the 101-piece Cookie Cutter Set
- Heart cutters (ours are similar to these, but we found them at Target)
The girls enjoyed using the different cutters to make fish. They also made their own versions of different sea creatures.
The rollers let them add different textured designs to the fish.
And they got very creative with the patterns and designs they made with the other loose parts.
The Amazon widget below includes some of the books we’ve been reading.
Visit our ocean theme Pinterest Board for more fish activities and ideas for learning about ocean animals.