This week for Discover & Explore our theme is Dinosaurs & Fossil Fun. After reading some of our favorite dinosaur books we made this sparkly dinosaur craft. Check out the girl’s creations. Then don’t forget to link up your dinosaur and fossil ideas in the linky below.
This post contains referral links.
- White paper or card stock (We like to use card stock when using watercolors. Either freehand or search Google Images to find a template to trace and cut the paper into a dinosaur shape.)
- Glitter Watercolors and paint brush (Regular watercolors will also work just fine. We recently discovered glitter watercolors, and the girls are using them almost daily. I love the extra sparkle!)
- Googly eyes
- Sequins (We used blue and green from a variety pack.)
- Elmer’s Washable Glitter Glue (We used blue. White glue would work well too. Tinker is a glitter glue-aholic.)
Both girls were excited to see the dinosaur shape sitting out on our craft table, and they started painting right away.
Once their dinosaurs were dry I set out the googly eyes, sequins, and glitter glue for the girls to begin decorating their dinosaurs.
Squeezing the glue bottle and pinching those little sequins and googly eyes are both terrific ways for toddlers to strengthen fine motor skills.
Tinker was especially proud of her finished dinosaur.
Lovey decided the dinosaurs needed a sparkly home to live in, so she decided that will be her next project. I love to see her coming up with her own creative ideas!
Below are some of our favorite dinosaur books.
More Dinosaur Fun on Fantastic Fun and Learning
Now it’s your turn. We’d love for you to share how you
Discover & Explore: Halloween
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, book activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, free printables–anything that might be helpful to those wanting to put together activities based on this week’s theme
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
The linky will remain open for one week. On Fridays all co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post and share featured posts on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board.
Don’t forget to visit the other co-hosts to see what they are sharing for this week’s theme.
Upcoming Discover & Explore Themes
- October 16–Dinosaurs & Fossil Fun
- October 23–Creating with Natural Materials
- October 30–Science Experiments
This post has been shared at some of these fantastic link parties.