My daughter spotted a bag of Hershey’s Kisses this morning, and she was very excited to eat them. That would have been fun, but I wanted to do something more with them. We quickly came up with a little game that helped us practice counting, one-to-one correspondence and name recognition.
- Hershey’s Kisses (other small candies or objects would work well, too)
- Number Cube
Write your child’s name on the paper. Be sure that the letters are larger enough that the candies will fit on them, and you can still read the letters. You could also write just one letter, a shape, or numbers depending on what you are working on with your child. This paper will be the game board.
How to Play:
1. Have your child roll the number cube and count how many dots are showing.
2. Add that many candies to the game board. (As your child is playing talk about which letter he or she is adding candies to.)
3. Keep playing until the game board is full.
4. Eat some candies! (You could have your child roll the number cube to see how many pieces he or she gets to eat, or you could decide on the winning number before the game begins)
That’s it! Easy, fun, and lots of learning all in one.
Find more Valentine’s crafts, games, and ideas on my Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board.
This post has been shared at some of these fantastic link parties.